(debian,eclipse) GUI created with glade doesn't appear

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by lolveley, Apr 24, 2009.

  1. lolveley

    lolveley Guest

    hi,

    some informations:
    - I have debian lenny, with gnome
    - I have eclipse + the plugin DLTK (for ruby)
    - I have installed the packages ruby1.8, ruby1.8-dev, ruby-gnome2,
    libglade-2, glade-gnome and glade-3.

    I thought I have all installed but when I follow this tutorial : (in
    french) :
    http://www.rubyfr.org/documentations/ruby-ihm/ruby-gnome/gnome2-glade/ ,
    I launch the project under eclipse ("run script") and ... nothing
    happens : no error message, no message at the console.
    if I add "puts 'hello'" at the end of the script ... it doesn't appear
    at the console window...

    maybe there is a problem with libglade2 and gtk2, but what is it?

    the gem tool tells me there is no gem installed (maybe libglade2 and
    gtk2 aren't recognized, but how to be sure?).

    olivier.

    http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

    lolveley, Apr 24, 2009