    Google says Your search - "you are running an untested version" - did not
    match any documents
    :(

    Alex Stapleton, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Re: Debian says "Warning! you are running an untested version of Python." on 2.3

    Alex Stapleton <> wrote:
    > Whenever I run python I get
    >
    > "Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."
    >
    > prepended to the start of any output on stdout.
    >
    > This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2 binaries
    > doesn't have this effect)

    What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?

    I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)

    $ python2.4 -c 'pass'
    $ python2.3 -c 'pass'
    $ python2.2 -c 'pass'
    $ python2.1 -c 'pass'
    $

    $ dpkg -l python2.1 python2.2 python2.3 python2.4
    ||/ Name Version Description
    ii python2.1 2.1.3-25 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
    ii python2.2 2.2.3-10 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
    ii python2.3 2.3.4-18 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
    ii python2.4 2.4-2 An interactive high-level object-oriented la

    Nick Craig-Wood, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Alex Stapleton

    rbt Guest

    Nick Craig-Wood wrote:

    > Alex Stapleton <> wrote:
    >> Whenever I run python I get
    >>
    >> "Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."
    >>
    >> prepended to the start of any output on stdout.
    >>
    >> This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2
    >> binaries doesn't have this effect)

    > What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?
    >
    > I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)

    Same here... Debian testing with Python2.3 no problem. Perhaps he's running
    Debian unstable?

    Cheers

    rbt, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Alex Stapleton

    Amand Tihon Guest

    rbt wrote:

    > Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
    >
    >> Alex Stapleton <> wrote:
    >>> Whenever I run python I get
    >>>
    >>> "Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."
    >>>
    >>> prepended to the start of any output on stdout.
    >>>
    >>> This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2
    >>> binaries doesn't have this effect)

    >> What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?
    >>
    >> I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)

    > Same here... Debian testing with Python2.3 no problem. Perhaps he's
    > running Debian unstable?

    Same result here on unstable, no problem. And experimental has no python2.3
    package.
    However, I remember vaguely about something like this.
    Perhaps the OP is running an old unstable version, never upgraded ?

    --
    Amand Tihon

    Amand Tihon, Jan 14, 2005