    I want to debug my asp.net web site, when I open a dll project and attached
    the web page process and it didn't stop on the break point. How to debug the
    dll? Thanks.

    Guest, Aug 27, 2007

  2. In article <OBWw$>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to debug my asp.net web site, when I open a dll project and attached
    > the web page process and it didn't stop on the break point. How to debug the
    > dll? Thanks.

    Is the DLL compiled in debug mode?

    What process did you attach to?

    --
    Patrick Steele ()
    http://weblogs.asp.net/psteele

    Patrick Steele, Aug 28, 2007

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Patrick,

    Yes. the DLL is debug mode and I attached and an instance
    IE(http://localhost/myapp.aspx).

    I got it to work like this: crate a new aspx web application and add the dll
    project and reference to the dll project and now I can debug. Do I have to?
    or just open DLL project and attach a web application process and can debug?

    Guest, Aug 28, 2007

    Steve Guest

    You need to attach to the ASP.NET process, not the IE process.

    Steve C.
    MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA

    Steve, Aug 28, 2007

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the help.
    I only see aspnet_wp.exe, don't see ASP.NET.

    Guest, Aug 28, 2007

    Steve Guest

    ASP.NET's process name is aspnet_wp.exe. I couldn't think of it at the
    time. Sorry!! :)

    Steve, Aug 28, 2007