    set when I change the mode before rebuilding in VS.net?

    Thanks,

    Do

    Do, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Do

    Shan Guest

    You can go to Build-->Configuration Manager and change the
    options..

    Thanks,
    -Shan

    release mode get

    Shan, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Do

    Hermit Dave Guest

    <configuration>

    <system.web>

    <!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION

    Set compilation debug="true" to enable ASPX debugging. Otherwise, setting
    this value to

    false will improve runtime performance of this application.

    Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols (.pdb information)

    into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file that executes

    more slowly, you should set this value to true only when debugging and to

    false at all other times. For more information, refer to the documentation
    about

    debugging ASP.NET files.

    -->

    <compilation

    defaultLanguage="c#"

    debug="true"

    />

    Dont know whether it compliments the VS.NET's Build >> Configuration Manager

    Regards,

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Do

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Thats in web.config file

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Dec 16, 2003
  5. No you need to manually check this.

    Debug mode in web.config deals with compilation of the ASPX pages themselves
    as opposed to the source files you create. It's for the runtime JIT
    compilation that occurs when a page is loaded for the first time.

    For deployment you definitely want to turn this option to false in
    web.config.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies

    Rick Strahl [MVP], Dec 16, 2003
  6. Do

    Do Guest

    Hi,

    That's exactly what I'm getting at. What value does that Configuration
    Manager setting change?
    Is there a value somewhere in the web.config file that specifies whether the
    app is in debug or
    release?

    Or is this something that cannot be accessed?

    Thanks,

    Do

    Do, Dec 17, 2003