debug assertion failed

w3r3w0lf

hello!

can anyone explain this to me? I get a "debug assertion failed" msg after
some time in my prog...: file fclose.c, stream!=null

thanks!

Victor Bazarov

w3r3w0lf said:
can anyone explain this to me? I get a "debug assertion failed" msg after
some time in my prog...: file fclose.c, stream!=null

So, for whatever reason 'stream' is probably equal 'null'. Then
the assertion that it's not null doesn't hold (or, IOW, fails).

John Harrison

w3r3w0lf said:
hello!

can anyone explain this to me? I get a "debug assertion failed" msg after
some time in my prog...: file fclose.c, stream!=null

thanks!

Probably means you called

fclose(x);

when x == NULL. Use your debugger to find out.

john