    Interdev debugging again but to no avail. I also have VS 2003 and 2005
    installed. Should I be able to use either of those to debug .ASP projects?
    I did try but the breakpoints are ignored like they are in VI.
    Waldy, May 21, 2008

  2. Waldy

    sloan Guest

    This might help

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...nd-net-framework-3-5-service-pack-1-beta.aspx

    Look for:
    Visual Studio Support for Classic ASP Intellisense and Debugging

    It looks like VS2008 ONLY with SP1 ONLY (which is in beta right now).

    But I'm no expert, just sharing what I saw.

    sloan, May 21, 2008

  3. Waldy

    sloan Guest

    Actually:

    //quote
    Previous versions of Visual Studio included support for intellisense and
    debugging within classic ASP (.asp) pages.
    //end quote

    suggests that earlier than 2008 was possible.

    But I have no idea. I haven't used asp in like ... 50 years it seems like.
    (1999-2000 ??)

    sloan, May 21, 2008
  4. Waldy

    Waldy Guest

    I managed to get debugging working in VS2005. If you open the web site as a
    project in 2005, you then have to attach to the process rather than start
    the project, and the debugger will step through the code.
    Waldy, May 22, 2008