debug code with system command exec other perl files

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by miten, Jul 8, 2010.

  1. miten

    miten Guest

    Hi,

    is there way we can debug code including those perl files which might
    be exec with system command.

    i have code which is like:

    main.pl
    ---------
    #....some code
    system("other.pl");

    I want to set break points in other.pl. In fact other.pl loads other
    module like someother:submodule:subr and would like to set break point
    in subr which is called from exec other.pl.

    Regards,

    Miten.
    miten, Jul 8, 2010

  2. miten

    Peter Scott Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:43:32 -0700, miten wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > is there way we can debug code including those perl files which might be
    > exec with system command.
    >
    > i have code which is like:
    >
    > main.pl
    > ---------
    > #....some code
    > system("other.pl");
    >
    > I want to set break points in other.pl. In fact other.pl loads other
    > module like someother:submodule:subr and would like to set break point
    > in subr which is called from exec other.pl.

    system("$^X -d other.pl");

    --
    Peter Scott
    http://www.perlmedic.com/ http://www.perldebugged.com/