Debug DLL Performance over runtime ones

Guest

Hello,

I have 3 asp.net dll's that are on my host in debug mode, now, the runtime
ones won't work, I know the reason why.

But i just wanted to know if there#ll be much of a performance reduction.

The dll's in question are the 2005 application blocks for returning data.

Thanks,

JY

Guest

Jon,
You say "I know the reason wny" - or did you mean, you don't know the reason
why?

The compiler adds the [Debuggable] attribute to a debug build to
turn off JIT optimization and to tell the .NET runtime to track how objects
are used and make this information available to the debugger. So, it is
not a good idea to use debug build assemblies in a production environment
because their performance will be impaired.

Also, if you have set the <compilation debug="true" in your web.config that
has an additional negative impact as it affects batch compilation.

Best approach is to find out why the release dlls aren't working and fix the
problem, and deploy all your stuff in release mode with debug="false" in the
web.config.

Peter