Debug Error when Running WEb Applicatoin - HELP!

Ash

Hi,

I've just installed Visual Studio.NET on my computer, which runs on
windows2000 server. When i creat web application and try run it from vb.net,
i get the following error:

===============
Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web
server. Server side-error occured during http request.

Make sure the server is operation correctly. Verify there is no syntax error
in web.config by doing a debug. Start without debugging. You may want to
refer to the ASP.NET and ALT Server debugging topic in the online
documentation.
============

On the event viewer, the following shows up:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80004005

I tried checking online, and i found about enabling debug to true on the
web.config, which was enabled by default, but still having same problem. I
suspect could be some permission error, but haven't been able to figure out.

Anyone out there with an idea?

Thanks,

Ash

Elliot M. Rodriguez

- doublecheck web.config
- check that your user account is a member of Debugger Users group
- ensure that your web's Integrated Windows Authentication setting is
checked
- try changing the processModel's userName attribute to either a domain user
with higher access rights, or using SYSTEM
- re-register ASP.NET (from command line navigate to framework/version
folder and run aspnet_regiis.exe)

Ash

Hi,
I tried checking web.config, there's so many of them. I tried looking at the
one in my VB studio's solution explorer, looked fine.
Where do i find processmodel's username? Which file does it contain?
Initially i looked at the web.config file, but it doesn't have that tag, any
idea where i can find it?
Thanks,
Ash