    this would really help me to optimize my code.

    thanks,
    Aaron

    Aaron, Aug 22, 2004

  2. You can do this in Visual Studio .NET but debugging takes complete control
    of ASP.NET. In other words, not a nice thing to do on a production site -
    you'd be the only user.

    Anyway, you'll need to attach to the process on the remote computer. (See
    Debug > Processes > Attach)

    For a production site you'd want to write trace data into an event log and
    then analyze the results.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...iagnosticseventlogtracelistenerclasstopic.asp

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 22, 2004

  3. Aaron

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Aaron" <> wrote in

    > is there a program that allows me to debug a webiste written in c# or
    > vb in real time?

    Visual Studios .NET will allow you to do this.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Aaron

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Aaron:

    As Ken pointed out running the debugger on a production site is not a
    nice thing to do. Instead of looking at the varialbes of individual
    users, consider making measurements of aggregate statistics with
    perfmon.

    There is some good, detailed information in the following documents:

    Measuring .NET Application Performance
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt15.asp

    How To: Use Custom Performance Counters from ASP.NET
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenethowto12.asp

    Improving ASP.NET Performance
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenethowto12.asp

    The rest of the guide is a good read too.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com

    Scott Allen, Aug 23, 2004