    What should I do to debug javascript code?

    please advise. thanks!!

    , Sep 29, 2005

  2. Erwin Moller Guest

    wrote:

    > Is there any way to debug javascript in a web application? When I
    > develop JSP pages, and it has the javascript code in it. The problem is
    > the debugger in Java IDE (WSAD in my case) can only debug Java code but
    > not Javascript code.
    >
    > What should I do to debug javascript code?
    >
    > please advise. thanks!!

    Hi,

    What I find by far the easiest way is using Mozilla/Firefox and use the
    outputwindow for JS. Tools -> webdevelopment -> Javascriptconsole.

    That contains all errors made by your code.
    Combine this with a few alerts, and you can debug a lot.

    The Java IDE doesn't debug JS code. :)

    Good luck!

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Robert Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there any way to debug javascript in a web application? When I
    > develop JSP pages, and it has the javascript code in it. The problem is
    > the debugger in Java IDE (WSAD in my case) can only debug Java code but
    > not Javascript code.
    >
    > What should I do to debug javascript code?
    >
    > please advise. thanks!!

    You can debug javascript in Firefox using the Venkman javascript debugger.

    http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/venkman/

    Robert, Sep 29, 2005