Debug mode dll's vs release mode dll's?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dave, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I've been developing lately with the Microsoft Application Data Blocks.
    When you use the default project after you install, it compiles debug
    and release mode dll's for you. How can I set up my project so that
    when I set my solution to Debug configuration I am using the debug
    dll's, and in Release configuration that I'm using the Release dlls?

    In C++ I used to do this by using a letter d as a suffix on the end of
    the DLL name for the debug mode compiled DLLs. Then when I setup the
    project file it would link to the correct dll by name.

    Is there an equivalent in Dev Studio 2003?

    Thank you!

    David

    Meet people for friendship, contacts,
    or romance using free instant messaging software! See a picture you
    like? Click once for a private conversation with that person!

    www.SEN.us

    Dave, Feb 20, 2004