debug problems: compiler failed with error code 2000.

jeffpriz

We've got an issue here where we regularly receive an error page with
the message
"Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 2000."
when we begin debug on our projects.

The simplest "fix" is to run iisreset and then re-start the debug..
This is extremely annoying, and I've not run into this trouble before,
and I really want to find the root cause of it!

When I click on the "Show Detailed Compiler Output" link on the error
page I get an ugly message about how the compiler couldn't locate one
of my referenced .dll's .. the .dll changes from occurance to
occurance, and the path it gives is always in the the framework's
"temporary asp.net files" folder.. like this:

vbc : Command line error BC2017 : could not find library
'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
files\icaps_del4\8977805d\801d0ac7\assembly\dl2\8ebf7520\4f886222_7c93c501\ussco.interfaces.dll'

I've taken a few screen shots of the error message here:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/jeffpriz/compile2000.jpg

here's the screen scrolled over a bit to show the rest of the message:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/jeffpriz/compile2000b.jpg

Please, if anybody's seen this before please let me know.. I'm dying to
get rid of this. We've got a dozen developers all running around
having to IISReset every other minute...

thanks

jeffpriz