    the debug.

    Thank you very much
    Davide

    Polvere@Lab, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Polvere@Lab

    Sumit Rajan Guest

    "Polvere@Lab" <> wrote in message
    news:den0bb$728$...
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I'm experiencing a problem during debug with Microsoft Visual C++:
    > wherever
    > I set a breakpoint (and even if I disable all breakpoints) the debugger

    Off-topic. Please see:

    Regards,
    Sumit.
    --
    Sumit Rajan <>

    Sumit Rajan, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Polvere@Lab

    Jordan Guest

    Davide,

    I have just recently run into this problem in one of my projects. I
    discovered that it is an assertion error that happens when debugging
    your code. Somewhere in the VC++ project, one of the default debug
    symbols causes the debugger to halt when such an assertion arises. You
    will notice this by the exact behavior you described (user breakpoint,
    NTDLL, int 3, etc.). When you run your program normally, nothing
    should happen. However, you probably have some memory issue that you
    need to find.

    In my case, I was using SAFEARRAYs and destroying SAFEARRAYs with COM
    object references in them. For some reason, this did not boad well
    with the debugger. I'm still doing research to understand the exact
    context of the problem.

    Jordan, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Polvere@Lab

    Polvere@Lab Guest

    "Jordan" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Davide,
    >
    > I have just recently run into this problem in one of my projects. I
    > discovered that it is an assertion error that happens when debugging
    > your code. Somewhere in the VC++ project, one of the default debug
    > symbols causes the debugger to halt when such an assertion arises. You
    > will notice this by the exact behavior you described (user breakpoint,
    > NTDLL, int 3, etc.). When you run your program normally, nothing
    > should happen. However, you probably have some memory issue that you
    > need to find.

    Thank you Jordan, I fixed the problem. Try this (as suggested to me):

    "You can also try to enable Full PageHeap and test the application with it:

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution
    Options\YourApp.exe
    GlobalFlag = REG_DWORD 0x2000000
    PageHeapFlags = REG_DWORD 0x3
    (replace YourApp.exe with the real name of your executable)"

    Bye
    Davide

    Polvere@Lab, Aug 26, 2005