Debug Problems

Michael Augustine

I am having problems debugging an Web form app in .net.
I am getting the following error message "Unable to
Start Debugging on the Webserver. Catostrophic
Failure." I think the problem has to do with the machine
not being properly set up. What steps do I need to do to
get a machine setup to debug a ASP.Net web form.
Thanks.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Michael,

See this article:

827559 PRB: "Catastrophic Failure" Error Message When You Try to Debug an
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827559

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Michael Augustine

I have seen this article already. This article does not
help me because I am running on XP.

From: "Michael Augustine" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Michael Augustine" <[email protected]>
Subject: Debug Problems
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:39:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

I am having problems debugging an Web form app in .net.
I am getting the following error message "Unable to
Start Debugging on the Webserver. Catostrophic
Failure." I think the problem has to do with the machine
not being properly set up. What steps do I need to do to
get a machine setup to debug a ASP.Net web form.
Thanks.

.

Alvin Bruney

how about this
http://www.networkip.net/tidbits/#debugger
--

-----------
Got TidBits?

From: "Michael Augustine" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Michael Augustine" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:39:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

I am having problems debugging an Web form app in .net.
I am getting the following error message "Unable to
Start Debugging on the Webserver. Catostrophic
Failure." I think the problem has to do with the machine
not being properly set up. What steps do I need to do to
get a machine setup to debug a ASP.Net web form.
Thanks.

.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Michael,

The only time I've seen this is on Windows 2000. However, it is still
likely due to a permissions failure or user rights failure.

One thing you can is to run aspnet_regiis -u to unregister ASP.NET and then
delete the ASPNET account on your computer and then run aspnet_regiis -i
and try again.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET