Debug Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Oskar Lundgren, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. When I run my web application I get the error message below. It seems to
    happen during the compile stage, and I wonder if there is any way to
    debug during this stage. I want to know what it is in my code that
    causes the exception to be thrown.

    I would be very happy for even the shortest of answers. I have spent an
    entire working day trying to figure this out.

    /Oskar Lundgren

    object.]

    System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpressionForValue(Propert
    yInfo propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType) +2168

    System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpressionForValue(Propert
    yInfo propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType) +467

    System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildBuildMethod(ControlB
    uilder builder, Boolean fTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse) +2528

    System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBu
    ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
    pse) +701

    System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBu
    ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
    pse) +262

    System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBu
    ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
    pse) +262

    System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildMiscClassMembers()
    +51
    System.Web.Compilation.PageCompiler.BuildMiscClassMembers() +10
    System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.BuildSourceDataTree() +1276
    System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +152
    System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType() +59
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()
    +126

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of
    an object.]
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound) +828
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
    +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88

    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +116
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
    System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance(String virtualPath,
    String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String url, String path) +14
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
    +174
    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute() +77
    completedSynchronously) +173

    Oskar Lundgren, Mar 3, 2004