Debug Question

Oskar Lundgren

When I run my web application I get the error message below. It seems to
happen during the compile stage, and I wonder if there is any way to
debug during this stage. I want to know what it is in my code that
causes the exception to be thrown.

I would be very happy for even the shortest of answers. I have spent an
entire working day trying to figure this out.

/Oskar Lundgren

object.]

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpressionForValue(Propert
yInfo propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType) +2168

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpressionForValue(Propert
yInfo propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType) +467

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildBuildMethod(ControlB
uilder builder, Boolean fTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse) +2528

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBu
ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
pse) +701

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBu
ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
pse) +262

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBu
ilder(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry
pse) +262

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildMiscClassMembers()
+51
System.Web.Compilation.PageCompiler.BuildMiscClassMembers() +10
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.BuildSourceDataTree() +1276
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +152
System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType() +59
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()
+126

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of
an object.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound) +828
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
+125
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88

System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +116
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance(String virtualPath,
String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path) +14
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
+174
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute() +77
completedSynchronously) +173