Debug tip needed for watching large arrays

Discussion in 'C++' started by Robbie, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    I use Visual C++ 6.0.
    I can watch small two-dimensional arrays by using something like

    myarray[0],10
    myarray[1],10
    ..
    ..
    ..
    myarray[9],10

    in the watch window, expanding each of these and copying to a
    spreadsheet. However this becomes impracticable for a large array that
    I want to watch.

    Does anyone know of a tip or addin that will allow me to output a large
    two-dimensional array into a text file or spreadsheet?

    Thx.

    Robbie, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Robbie

    Guest

    Why to look for a thrid party tool?
    you can write a simple code for output'ng to a text file. But that will
    be static.

    You can also try quick watch window. You can write expressions in quick
    watch window.
    But again, i dont think its resizable in VC6.0, it's resizable in vc7
    and 8.

    This again is not a question about C++, but specific to using visual
    studio.

    Robbie wrote:
    > I use Visual C++ 6.0.
    > I can watch small two-dimensional arrays by using something like
    >
    > myarray[0],10
    > myarray[1],10
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > myarray[9],10
    >
    > in the watch window, expanding each of these and copying to a
    > spreadsheet. However this becomes impracticable for a large array that
    > I want to watch.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a tip or addin that will allow me to output a large
    > two-dimensional array into a text file or spreadsheet?
    >
    > Thx.

    , Sep 21, 2006