Debug two ASP.Net apps at one time?

Selden McCabe

On my desktop machine, I often start two instances of VS.Net, one with a web
site, and the other with a web service. I can set breakpoints in the web
service, and when they are called from the web site, they get hit. It's a
convenient way to test and debug web sites and web services.

On my laptop, when I try this, which ever instance of VS.Net I start second
pops up with "A debugger is already attached" and refuses to start.

Both machines have 512 MB of ram, and are running XP Pro, and the same
version of VS.Net (1.1). I haven't been able to find any posts that address
what's configured wrong.

I've tried the aspnet_regiis -i, but it didn't change.

Both projects run in virtual directories in IIS with the same user.

Does anyone know what to configure to get this working on my laptop?

Thanks!
---Selden McCabe

clintonG

I've had problems with this myself while running two instances of VS.NET on
the same machine while trying to debug two different applications. If it
bothers you -- as it should -- then go to the feedback site [1] for VS.NET
and tell them you want this resolved. I did. You should too.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
METROmilwaukee "Regional Information Services"

[1] http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/Default.aspx