Debug VS.Net 2003 - No managed Code in process?!?

Mikkel Rasmussen

Hi

I recently installed a fresh 2003 server, xcopied an existing asp.net
application to the server.

when I try to debug the application I get this error:

"Error while trying to run project.: Unable to start debugging on the
webserver. There is no managed code running in the process. In order to
attach to a process with the .NET debugger, managed code must be running in
the process before attaching."..

....duh?!? the web-app is coded 100% in C#, and I've heard, this compiles to
managed code. Anybody out there with a solution?

checklist:
IIS 6.0, .Net framework 1.1, remote debugging, account is "Debugger User"
and "Administrators", has Full Control over application directory,
web.config specifies debug="true", authentication has been set to
"Integrated Windows", Solution was built and rebuilt several times and when
trying to attach to the process manually, I get the same error.