    It said the user account which using VS.NET needs "Impersonate a client after authentication" right, but WindowsXP does not have that kind of user right

    I guess the user account needs some specific right to debug the web service other than that

    Please somebody help me
    Mercury21, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Mercury21

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Could you check also:

    1) You have enabled Windows Integrated Security for your website or virtual
    directory.

    2) Does your service run ok? I mean is it just a debugging problem?

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    "Mercury21" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am having trouble using Visual Studio.NET 2002 on WindowsXP.
    > When I created a WebService as "http://localhost/WevService1/" and start

    build it, VS.NET gave me an error such as;
    > "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the Web

    server. Access is denied.
    > Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this

    project?"

    > I also checked an article that

    "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;821255", but I am
    using WindowsXP Pro, not Windows2000.

    Jan Tielens, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Mercury21

    Jan Tielens Guest

    I think you need administrator rights to debug web projects (should be fixed
    in next version of vs.net).

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    > Thank you for your reply!
    >
    > Yes, the service is running correctly and I can use the Web Service for my

    other project.
    > It seems only debugging issue.
    > I also checked the Virtual Directory Security Setting; it is already set

    as Windows Integration Security.

    > Just my guessing though, is the user account needs a specific user right

    for debugging?

    Jan Tielens, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Mercury21

    Mercury21 Guest

    Thank you Jan

    I think so, too
    Actually, other MS sites or some other web has "Working on VS.NET with users other than Administrator", but those are all for Windows2000, not for XP
    In fact, for the debug user, it needs to have "Impersonate a client after authentication" right in order to debug

    I will use VS.NET as user mode without debugging use; when I need to debug ASP.NET, I will use the VS.NET as an administrator logon

    Thank you very much anyway; if I found any info., I will report here

    Mercury2
    Mercury21, Apr 19, 2004