debuger sending me in circles - trying to view dataset

Jason Shohet

I want to see the values in the first row [0] of a dataset.
I can't figure out, in .NET 2003, how to view the contents of that record.
I keep drilling down and getting back to where I started :)

Thanks for any help
Jason Shohet

Jason Shohet

John I know datasets have tables which have rows. Everyone knows that.
The problem is when you look into the Rows (w/in the table), the debugger
shows a list of items, and next to each one it says <cannot view indexed
property>.

I'm looking for a way to see the content of the row. columnname: value.

I can always do a writeXML and output to a file, but there should be a way
in the debugger of seeing this.

Jason Shohet

Lucas Tam

John I know datasets have tables which have rows. Everyone knows that.
The problem is when you look into the Rows (w/in the table), the debugger
shows a list of items, and next to each one it says <cannot view indexed
property>.

I'm looking for a way to see the content of the row. columnname: value.

Use the debugger watch list.

John Saunders

Lucas Tam said:
value.

Use the debugger watch list.

You'll see that most of these collections are really ArrayLists. Look in
them for a field called _list. Expand that and you'll find an array of rows.