debugger complains: auto-attach to process 'aspnet_wp.exe'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2lycGVsaWRvcg==?=, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. Hi, I'm a newbie to asp.net world whom just got myself a VS.net 2003 (yay).
    There are alot of things I don't understand so please bare with me:

    1) I made a simple aspx page with cs code-behind, when I click Debug ->
    Start (F5) it complained: Auto-attach to process 'aspnet_wp.exe' on machine
    '(my machine name)' failed. Error code 0x8013134b

    2) When click Build -> Build Solution, Output shows: Build 1 succeeded, 0
    failed, 0 skipped

    3) If click Build -> Build (project name), Output same as above.

    4) If I just go ahead and run that aspx file at by typing the
    localhost/.....aspx it just worked.

    Here are my questions:
    a) what's diff between "build" and "debug"?
    b) my useraccount is part of administrator group, yet my debugger still keep
    failing
    c) i even changed my machine.config file <proceesmode> username to
    administrator with password, yet it kept failing, maybe its not User Right
    related issue?
    d)why was I able to see the web page I created without clicking build /
    debug !?

    p.s: sorry spam a brunch of questions at once, but this is my first time
    using some kindda IDE interface and I'm being throw off by all these options
    and choices.

    thank you
    =?Utf-8?B?c2lycGVsaWRvcg==?=, Aug 29, 2005