debugger for mac OS X

fred

Does anyone have a recommendation for me. I'm looking for a simple,
hopefully freeware javascript debugger. Internet Explorer errors are a
little ambiguous for me.

thanks...

FF

Colin McKinnon

fred spilled the following:
Does anyone have a recommendation for me. I'm looking for a simple,
hopefully freeware javascript debugger. Internet Explorer errors are a
little ambiguous for me.

thanks...

FF

Firefox and Venkman. Although there are still a few differences in
implementation, stuff developed on Mozilla ports much easily to MSIE than
the other way around.

You also get the DOM browser as standard with Firefox. I find the web
developer toolbar useful too.

HTH

C.

Fred Oz

fred said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for me. I'm looking for a simple,
hopefully freeware javascript debugger. Internet Explorer errors are a
little ambiguous for me.

thanks...

FF

Try here:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari/safari_faq.html#anchor14

Safari has some excellent development tools built in, you just have to
turn them on. It includes show, render and view DOM tree, reports
JavaScript errors in a the console (not quite as good as Firefox but at
least the line numbers seem reliable), the "show caches" window is great
- you can even run garbage collection at will.

Have a play, you'll be impressed.

Fred.

Cheers, Fred.