Debugger not stopping at break points in VS2002?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kathy Burke, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Kathy Burke

    Kathy Burke Guest

    Hi and sigh...sorry if this is considered OT, just hoping other Visual
    Studio users could help me with this.

    All of a sudden when I'm debugging (asp.net) in VS2002 my breakpoints
    don't work. I've researched it and seen others with this problem, but no
    answers yet, other than the "workaround" from M$ saying to debug via the
    client code (yeah, that would be fun).

    I built my solution/dll in Debug mode, not Release and my configuration
    manager is set to Debug mode as well. I've tried cold booting my pc,
    etc.

    BTW, the same project debugs ok on another machine...just not the
    machine IIIII use, of course!

    TIA for any info on this...going nuts...

    Kathy

    Kathy Burke, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Kathy Burke

    Brian Paul Guest

    I ran into a similar problem a long time ago. if i remember correctly, it
    has something to do with using the same name for the aspx page even though
    they are in different directories. for example:

    /myapp/reports/default.aspx
    /myapp/stuff/default.aspx

    this is only a problem in VS 2002. The problem appears to be fixed in VS
    2003 -- since i haven't run into it since i upgraded...

    hope that helps.

    Brian

    Brian Paul, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Kathy Burke

    Kathy Burke Guest

    Thanks for the thought, Brian. No luck for me though. Just using one
    project on a dev pc.

    It was working fine, then pffffft...so they all say!

    Kathy

    Kathy Burke, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Kathy Burke

    Kathy Burke Guest

    THE SOLUTION:

    Even though Active Debug was set as the mode, etc., somehow(?) the
    property pages (access by right clicking on your project in Solution
    Explorer and select Properties.

    At the bottom of that form is Debuggers - Enable: ASP.NET got
    unchecked....ugh...but glad I found it after wasting only 4 hours.

    HTH someone else some day.

    Kathy

    Kathy Burke, Dec 30, 2003