debugger on system with Python 2 and 3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Yo Sato, Nov 27, 2009.

  1. Yo Sato

    Yo Sato Guest

    Hi,

    I am a relative newcomer to the Python language, and only write Python
    3. Now I would very much like to a more-than-basic debugger. However
    it seems as if the fact that I have both Python 2 and 3 on the system
    complicates the matter...

    First I tried to use something called pydb, but it seems to invoke
    python 2, and I don't know quite how to (or whether I can) configure
    it for Python 3.

    Secondly I installed something called IDLE3, which complains that TK
    is not configured for Python 3.

    I don't want to remove or default to Python 2, as there seem to be a
    number of programs that rely on it.

    I wonder how best to avoid my problems. Would perhaps somebody in the
    same sort of situation share their wisdom??

    Yo
    Yo Sato, Nov 27, 2009

  2. Hi,

    eric4 snapshot releases support Python3.

    Detlev

    --
    Detlev Offenbach
    Detlev Offenbach, Nov 28, 2009