    get help easily. (There is one mailing list() but I think
    that is not operational since no replies so far :-(( )

    Regards,

    utab, May 11, 2006

  2. utab wrote:
    > I sent a similar post before this is no different.

    Huh?

    > I would like to learn which degugger you are using and your
    > recommendations for deguggers(I am using Linux, Ubuntu).

    Didn't I recommend you asking this in a Linux newsgroup, or was it
    somebody else? Well, here it is once more: please ask OS-specific
    questions in the newsgroup dedicated to that OS. You need to post your
    debugger question to one of 'comp.os.linux.development.*' forums.

    > I am using DDD for C++. Sometimes I need help and the manual does not
    > answer all the questions so I am asking this second question for the
    > people
    > who are using DDD: Is there a mailing list like this one where I can
    > get help easily. (There is one mailing list() but I think
    > that is not operational since no replies so far :-(( )

    There are Linux-specific newsgroups and there are 'gnu.*' newsgroups.
    Start there. Here we talk C++ language and it does NOT define any
    debuggers.

    Victor Bazarov, May 11, 2006

  3. utab

    utab Guest

    Sorry, you were the one to reply me, I followed your advice and posted
    comp.lang...apps group and waited and did not have any replies and then
    I have asked again.

    >Here we talk C++ language and it does NOT define any

    debuggers.

    Is not debugging related with the language.

    Sorry , I will try that group as well.

    Regards.

    utab, May 11, 2006
  4. utab

    Marcus Kwok Guest

    utab <> wrote:
    >>Here we talk C++ language and it does NOT define any

    > debuggers.
    >
    > Is not debugging related with the language.

    Debugging is related with programming in general, not specifically C++.
    The use of a particular debugger is not topical here.

    --
    Marcus Kwok
    Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply

    Marcus Kwok, May 11, 2006
  5. On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:20:12 -0700, utab wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I sent a similar post before this is no different.
    >
    > I would like to learn which degugger you are using and your
    > recommendations for deguggers(I am using Linux, Ubuntu).
    >
    > I am using DDD for C++. Sometimes I need help and the manual does not
    > answer all the questions so I am asking this second question for the
    > people
    > who are using DDD: Is there a mailing list like this one where I can
    > get help easily. (There is one mailing list() but I think
    > that is not operational since no replies so far :-(( )
    >
    > Regards,

    Though off topic indeed, but I'll answer your question,
    since no one else has.

    Use gdb from within emacs. That's all you need. If you don't know either
    gdb or emacs, spend a day or two learning them, it'll pay off tenfold.
    Both are well documented:

    http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html

    Amadeus W. M., May 11, 2006
  6. utab

    Jim Langston Guest

    "utab" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, you were the one to reply me, I followed your advice and posted
    > comp.lang...apps group and waited and did not have any replies and then
    > I have asked again.
    >
    >>Here we talk C++ language and it does NOT define any

    > debuggers.
    >
    > Is not debugging related with the language.
    >
    > Sorry , I will try that group as well.

    Debugging is related to C++. Debuggers aren't. Ask in a newsgroup for your
    compiler. If you don't get any answers there, then no one cares.

    Jim Langston, May 11, 2006
  7. utab

    Phlip Guest

    utab wrote:

    > I am using DDD for C++.

    You will get the best results on DDD's mailing list. Also try the mailing
    list for its back-end, gdb, and try a linux programming newsgroup.

    (Also, uh, some people write so many unit tests they never need to run a
    debugger. I use DDD all the time for legacy code in my situation, but I
    won't discuss that here because I won't dilute this newsgroup's focus.
    Except parenthetically;)

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, May 12, 2006