    to debug WinForms apps, Console Apps and ASP.NET apps in Visual Studio
    ..NET 2003.

    It occurs that this is the first time I am debugging a Web service.
    Sathyaish, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Sathyaish,

    If you have debugged ASP.NET apps, then you should have no problem
    debugging a web service. Web serivces are hosted in ASP.NET, and not any
    different in the debugging sense than say, web pages.

    Of course, VS.NET makes this MUCH easier, since it will allow you to
    host locally, which makes the debugging experience MUCH easier.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
    -

    Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP], Feb 3, 2006

  3. This info here on attached to the process:

    http://builder.com.com/5100-6373-5035019.html

    Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP, Feb 4, 2006
  4. Sathyaish,
    add the webservice project to your solution where you have the app that
    calls your webservice. Set a WebReference to the WSDL url of the webservice
    project in your solution.
    Set your breakpoints, and have fun.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com