Debugging an asp.net application error specific to certain installations??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Antoine, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Antoine

    Antoine Guest

    I am Debugging an asp.net that errors in one location, I have been reading
    all about tracing and pdb and such but still not too clear on the BEST and
    SIMPLEST way to debug to an approximate but understandable level.

    This is my error coming from one or two persons, my thinking is that as its
    specific to them, it would be useful to narrow down to a rough area of code
    and even be able to send some of those values into the application.

    It may even be region specific as I know at least 2 installs in the UK that
    are fine.

    This is generating this error with debug on. I have read its not clever to
    send the PDB. Is there any way around this, a good way to debug?
    I have been looking here but there are so many suggestions that I am
    confused what is best.
    http://codeproject.com/debug
    I was thinking initiating such ideas are good though, for future debugging.

    Is it just wise for me to look for arrays in my code (there arent that many)
    and see any that are being related to as an integer value?
    Would you get this error from referring to a specific dataset row by using
    an integer? Or is it literally only in cases such as
    examplestring[intcount]...

    Many thanks any help recieved
    Antoine

    "An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
    web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
    can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

    Stack Trace:

    [IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
    System.Array.InternalGetValue(Int32 index1, Int32 index2, Int32 index3)
    +0
    System.Array.GetValue(Int32 index) +32
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateIndexGet(Object o,
    Object[] args, String[] paramnames) +187
    sharedcal.ShareCal.o() +655
    sharedcal.ShareCal.Page_Load(Object o, EventArgs e) +799
    Antoine, Dec 14, 2004