Debugging ASP.NET and VB6 dll

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alfred Sehmueller, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    We are partial transferring a legacy ASP-Classic application to
    ASP.NET (C#) over here. The application uses a custom VB6-dll. I had a
    perfect debugging-scenario for this: Starting the .dll in Visual
    Studio 6, then starting the ASP.NET Project in VS.NET 2003. I was able
    to set breakpoints in VS6 then. On my new computer I can't get this to
    work.

    In another Newsgroup someone posted a suggestion: Compiling VB6 Dll
    without optimization and with symbolic debug infos, then leading
    VS.NET to the source code folder and to the folder with the pdb files,
    but I can't get this to work either (can't step into or set
    breakpoints),

    As we can't give up the VB6-Dll, and we need to change code in there
    it is very hard work without the opportunity of debugging the
    scenario.

    Can someone please help me out of this? Did you make similar
    experiences?

    Thanks

    Alfred
    Alfred Sehmueller, Apr 7, 2004