Debugging ASP.NET control generation?

Martin Klusacek

Hi!

I have a problem that I can't seem to debug.

I generate a TextBox in ASP.NET and set it's Text property to "768".

I check it at the end of the Page_Load function and the Text property is
still "768".

When I let it run, and let ASP.NET create the HTML, the <INPUT type=text>
element has no value attribute. In other words, the text "768" doesn't
appear in the textbox in the browser (tested under IE6 and NN7).

I've had a similar problem before, where ASP.NET wasn't generating what I
thought it would. How can I debug this problem? How can I debug and watch
how ASP.NET is generating the HTML for the standard controls? I have no idea
what is going on after I finish the page and before it arrives on the
browser, but I'd like to debug this and see what is going on.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Martin