    I've used where VS is present.
    Thanks in advance

    Roy
    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Dec 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    under tools -> debug processes attach to asp.net worker process. open the
    file you want to debug and set a breakpoint.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Dec 13, 2005

  3. Hi Bruce,

    The problem is as soon as I attach the process the icon for the breakpoint
    changes to the one with a question mark with tooltip of "The breakpoint will
    not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document".
    Any idea how to resolve this?
    Thanks again

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Dec 13, 2005
  4. Roy wrote:
    > Hi Bruce,
    >
    > The problem is as soon as I attach the process the icon for the
    > breakpoint changes to the one with a question mark with tooltip of
    > "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been
    > loaded for this document".
    > Any idea how to resolve this?

    You'll need symbols to do source code debugging. That means that you need to
    build your app in debug mode so that you get the PDB file. Alternatively,
    you can build it in release mode but with symbolic information generated.

    --
    Jim Cheshire
    JIMCO Software

    Merry Christmas from JIMCO Software!
    JIMCO Software, Dec 14, 2005
  5. Thanks Jim,
    Do I need to have VS installed on the machine in order to build the
    application? I'm debugging the source code on a test machine that does not
    have VS but SDK.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Dec 14, 2005
  6. Roy wrote:
    > Thanks Jim,
    > Do I need to have VS installed on the machine in order to build the
    > application? I'm debugging the source code on a test machine that
    > does not have VS but SDK.

    Nope. You just need to build with symbols and then either deploy the symbol
    file or have it in your symbol path.

    JIMCO Software, Dec 15, 2005