Debugging Boost Threads with GDB

Pallav singh

Hi

i have a query.

can we control the scheduler while debugging Boost Threading model
the same way we can control while debuging Pthreads in Unix. so that
we can control single thread.

Thanks
Pallav Singh

none

I'm no Boost expert, but it is my understanding that Boost threads
are built on top of the native threads. So if you are on a platform
where pthreads are the norm, Boost should be using those.

Boost Threads are indeed a wrapper on top of pthread on Posix system.
So you should be able to get down to the raw pthread functionality
relatively easily.