debugging by gdb

Mohsen

Hi all,

I am using 'gdb' to debug my C++ program and it gives me the following
sentences:

Detaching after fork from child process 31404.
Detaching after fork from child process 31405.
Detaching after fork from child process 31406.
Detaching after fork from child process 31407.

any ideas about this problem?

Thanks,
Mohsen

Jack Klein

Hi all,

I am using 'gdb' to debug my C++ program and it gives me the following
sentences:

Detaching after fork from child process 31404.
Detaching after fork from child process 31405.
Detaching after fork from child process 31406.
Detaching after fork from child process 31407.

any ideas about this problem?

Thanks,
Mohsen

Yes, you are asking in the wrong place. This group is for the C++
language, which does not define the operations of specific compilers
or other tools, like linkers, librarians, profilers, and debuggers.

If this is on Linux, try asking in
If not, try asking in one of the
gnu.* groups or mailing lists.

S S

Mohsen said:
Hi all,

I am using 'gdb' to debug my C++ program and it gives me the following
sentences:

Detaching after fork from child process 31404.
Detaching after fork from child process 31405.
Detaching after fork from child process 31406.
Detaching after fork from child process 31407.

This is not a problem, just when you attach some process to debugger,
other processes are also invoked depending on your program and it just
shows you message, safe to ignore.