debugging - converting PyObject back to a variable name

adamc

hi,

I'm currently debugging a crash occurring in the Python interpreter.
I've got a Dictionary object in the form of a (PyObject *)

I can cast it to (dictobject *) in the debugger watch window, and I can
also use PyString_AsString(PyObject_Repr()) to get the debugger to
print out a string representation of the dictionary (actually I can't -
this also crashes, because one of the "values" in the dictionary has
become corrupted)

What I'm trying to do is relate this dictionary object back to a
variable name in my application source code (i.e. written in Python) -
I've been searching round the web for an easy way of doing this -
hopefully some function I can type into the debugger's watch window.

thanks alot for the help

adam