debugging httphandlers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2hlZmFsaQ==?=, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I've done the following but am failing to reach breakpoints in the code for
    my httphandlers:

    1. in VS created a breakpoint on the first line of code in the method
    ProcessRequest.

    2. In that same solution space, created a web application.

    3. copied the debug version of the httphandler dll to the bin dir of the web
    app

    4. attached to process aspnet_wp.exe, chosen clr and script as the types of
    program to debug.

    5. created a debug version of the web app, ran it in debug mode, it never
    reaches the breakpoint.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks.
    -Shefali

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hlZmFsaQ==?=, Jan 20, 2005

  2. ok, some more, and I could debug my handlers!

    1. launch just-in-time debugging by adding the following code as the first
    line of code in rocessRequest:

    System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch();

    2. ran program, got an access denied error. searched MSDN for 'just-in-time
    debugging errors', and found instructions to add ASPNET to the debuggers
    group.

    -Shefali

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hlZmFsaQ==?=, Jan 22, 2005