debugging in asp.net and asp - urgent

Guest

Hi,

I am calling a .net class function from an asp page.
I want to step through that function.
Looks like though I can debug asp code I cannot debug the .net dlls referred
in the asp code.

How can it be done???

Thanks
P K

Peter Rilling

How are you calling the "function" in classic ASP? ASP cannot invoke .net
assemblies directly. Are you doing something like invoking it through a com
interface?

Guest

ya it is using server.createObject to create the class and use the function.
Is there a way anyways?

HK

Perhaps that's the problem? Are you receiving an instantiation error? Or
what type of error?

I don't think you can debug into a .NET DLL even if you instantiate it
somehow. But as for debugging, why not just create a test application in
..NET that calls the DLL with the same arguments? Then you can debug to your
heart's content.

Guest

Hello,

The application is a .net solution with a lot of asp and aspx pages.
Now, while debugging the asp page I get no error, it only doesn't step
through the .net function being called.

Well, if there is no other way then test application sounds ok.

Thanks