    "Step-into if source is available otherwise step-over and don't bother me with unavailable source messages"

    How do I do this ?

    Bernd

    Bernd Oninger, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Bernd Oninger

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Bernd Oninger" <> wrote in message
    news:442d0ed5$0$17586$-online.net...
    > When I debug a java source with Eclipse I press occasionally F5 multiple
    > times to get to a certain position.
    > Sometimes this is a problem when I come to a System.out.println or File()
    > or other built-in java class.
    > In this case Eclipse searches for the source which is not available.
    >
    > What I am searching now is a setting/option which I can switch on with the
    > meaning:
    >
    > "Step-into if source is available otherwise step-over and don't bother me
    > with unavailable source messages"
    >
    > How do I do this ?

    I don't know of any such feature. However, there is a "step out of"
    button which allows you to skip everything until the first statement that
    lies in the parent of the method you're currently in. So if you accidentally
    step into System.out.println, for example, you can step out of it to return
    back to "normal" source code.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Mar 31, 2006