debugging in eclipse+pydev

Discussion in 'Python' started by yaru22, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. yaru22

    yaru22 Guest

    Hi.

    I'd like to know how to debug in eclipse+pydev.

    In the menu, "Pydev Debug", there's Start Debug Server option, but I
    don't know how to use it.

    Few questions I have about debugging are:

    1) how do i set a breakpoints in pydev?
    2) how do i execute the code line by line? I mean... step into, step
    over, and so on...

    When I searched on http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/,

    I found that

    Run/Debug Step Into F5 Debugging
    Run/Debug Step Over F6 Debugging
    Run/Debug Step Return F7 Debugging
    Run/Debug Resume F8 Debugging

    However, Starting Debug Server and pressing F5, F6, F7 didn't do those
    functions.

    Can anyone give me a small tutorial as to how to debug in Eclipse +
    Pydev please?

    Thanks in advance.

    yaru22, Jun 18, 2006