Debugging jsp's in eclipse

gwoodhouse

Hello all,

Hopefully you can help me with something.

I'm working on a problem right now and im trying to solve it myself -
unfortunatly the problem involves passing a form bean from one jsp to
another with a field of the bean not being displayed on the other
side.

Now, if only i could have a snoop at the form bean from a debug window
- maybe i could see what the problem was.

In eclipse i can set a debug point in JSP code but i cannot evaluate
or inspect any of the variables in my code - I do however have access
to the page variables -

Could someone please tell me where i actually find things being passed
across (formbeans in particular?). I havn't been able to find out on
google.

Thanks in advance for your help - hopefully it will be a quick liner
for someone out there.

Graeme Woodhouse

Travis James

Now, if only i could have a snoop at the form bean from a debug window
- maybe i could see what the problem was.

In eclipse i can set a debug point in JSP code but i cannot evaluate
or inspect any of the variables in my code - I do however have access
to the page variables -

I've been able to debug JSPs in Eclipse with the JDT and WST projects
from eclipse.org. (Don't recall which one actually integrates the JSP.)

As far as debugging, I can set a breakpoint and stop in the JSP. I
cannot inspect the data through the "inspect" option, but I can look at
the Variables perspective and see everything in scope.

I hope that helps.