Debugging local ASP.Net applicaton on WinXP.SP2

Guest

Hello

I'm a little bit confused. I've just performed a fresh install on WinXP Pro
with builtin SP2. I've installed .net from same CD. It is 1.1 sp1. Computer
is a domain memeber. Settings are default. I've checked both with local and
domain user account. The are members of Debugger Users and VS Developers.
They are not Adminsitrators. Trying to debug a local asp.net application. Got
an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied".
Thats all, no additional text in error message.

I've searched and read a lot...
Does anybody working with similar environment?

Andy G

We've gotten that same error, have also found nothing. Running WinXP Pro
SP1. Remote sever w/ a few developers that can't debug on the web server.
IIS installed on the web server and not on local machines. Maybe we can get
somewhere together with this. I don't deal with this server stuff a whole
lot but our server guy is getting burned out trying to figure this out.

You can email me at
ajgould at iastate dot edu if you would like to take this further.