Debugging message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ramesh Babu, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Ramesh Babu

    Ramesh Babu Guest

    hi,
    When I started my application I have received following
    error message.

    Error messge:
    "
    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start
    debugging on the web server. The server does not support
    debugging of ASP.NET or ATL Server applications. Run setup
    to install the Visual Studio .NET server components. If
    setup has been run, verify that a valid URL has been
    specified.

    You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server
    debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you
    like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for
    this project? "

    In the microsoft site, they given the solution for this in
    article "318465 PRB: Cannot Debug ASP.NET Web Application "

    After followed this steps, not i am not getting this error
    message, but I am getting new message !!

    Error message:
    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start
    debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you
    like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for
    this project?"

    For this what we need to do? This same article saying that
    for solving this error message, "Verify that you are a
    member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users
    group on the computer. "

    How to set my login user id as a debugger users group on
    my computer. If i set my user id, Other user while get
    this problem?? I want to set the setting in such a way
    that this message should not display for all users. Can
    anybody explain step by step method to solve this problem.

    Thanks in advance.

    J.Ramesh Babu

    Ramesh Babu, Dec 18, 2003

  2. > How to set my login user id as a debugger users group on
    > my computer. If i set my user id, Other user while get
    > this problem?? I want to set the setting in such a way
    > that this message should not display for all users. Can
    > anybody explain step by step method to solve this problem.

    Every user that you want to be able to debug should be a member of the
    Debugger Users Group.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer