Debugging, PDB files

Dirk Schippers

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right newsgroup for this question, but if I
am not, please tell me where to ask it!

A program of mine, written in VC6, seems to have a hard to find, and
hard to reproduce crash. It runs in several hospitals so I am not able
to do debugging on the servers where the crashes occur.
Now, someone told me that he knew someone who could use his PDB files to
find where in the code an error occured when he got an error box from
windows: 'The instruction at "0x7c910e03" referenced memory at
"0x17160392". The memory could not...' and so on.

It was something with using a fixed base address and then finding
exactly where the error occured in the source code using the PDB file
and something with Dr. Watson.

Can someone tell me how this can be done?

It's really a very big and complicated project and all the helpful
things I implemented to make debugging easier aren't enough anymore.

Thank you in advance,
Dirk.

Unforgiven

Dirk Schippers said:
Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right newsgroup for this question, but if I am
not, please tell me where to ask it!

This is not the right newsgroup, we deal only with C++ language issues here.
Ask again in a VC specific newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.vc.debugger.