debugging problem - breakpoints not hit

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tariq Ahmad, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. Tariq Ahmad

    Tariq Ahmad Guest

    hi,

    i am developing a webservice and i have a webservice
    and an asp.net project inside a single solution.

    i was asble to add breakpoints to both and the IDE would
    would stop on these - no problem.

    then, for no apparent reason (i didn't install anything, change
    any settings or anything) suddenly the breakpoints in the
    webservice stopped working.

    then, the breakpoints in the asp.net project stopped working.

    to get around this i removed the asp.net project and added an
    ..aspx webform in to the webservice project. this allowed me to
    add breakpoints to the webform and the webservice.

    but again, for no apparent reason, this stopped working. and now
    to get breakpoints to work i have to manually attach the process
    to the browser .. and, let me tell you, what a pain that is.

    does anybody have any idea what is going on and how to fix it please?

    thnx.

    Tariq Ahmad, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Tariq Ahmad

    Jeremy Grigg Guest

    Tariq,

    Search for "debug SP4 asp.net". The problem is "typically" related to
    installing W2K SP4 on your machine and a new local rights issue. This
    new "right" does not allow ASPNET client to impersonate the
    authenicated user (unless you set it to).

    On other fronts, I have seen the IIS Lockdown Tool (URL Smartscan
    specifically) do the same thing. If you have it installed, try
    uninstalling it and see if that helps. Note: Only try this on your
    local machine. Debugging shouldn't be done on your server, etc.

    Good Luck!

    Jeremy Grigg
    Dir. Of Application Development
    DHR International