debugging problem - breakpoints not hit

Tariq Ahmad

hi,

i am developing a webservice and i have a webservice
and an asp.net project inside a single solution.

i was asble to add breakpoints to both and the IDE would
would stop on these - no problem.

then, for no apparent reason (i didn't install anything, change
any settings or anything) suddenly the breakpoints in the
webservice stopped working.

then, the breakpoints in the asp.net project stopped working.

to get around this i removed the asp.net project and added an
..aspx webform in to the webservice project. this allowed me to
add breakpoints to the webform and the webservice.

but again, for no apparent reason, this stopped working. and now
to get breakpoints to work i have to manually attach the process
to the browser .. and, let me tell you, what a pain that is.

does anybody have any idea what is going on and how to fix it please?

thnx.

Jeremy Grigg

Tariq,

Search for "debug SP4 asp.net". The problem is "typically" related to
installing W2K SP4 on your machine and a new local rights issue. This
new "right" does not allow ASPNET client to impersonate the
authenicated user (unless you set it to).

On other fronts, I have seen the IIS Lockdown Tool (URL Smartscan
specifically) do the same thing. If you have it installed, try
uninstalling it and see if that helps. Note: Only try this on your
local machine. Debugging shouldn't be done on your server, etc.

Good Luck!

Jeremy Grigg
Dir. Of Application Development
DHR International