Debugging problem

Kevin

I've been unable to debug a .NET web application with Visual Studio.
Every time I try to run it, I get the error message:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

I know there are several posts from users who experienced the same
problem, but none of the solutions are working for me. Based on
information I read in previous posts, the gotdotnet and microsoft
websites, as well as VS help, I have tried the following things:

-Added new account ASPNET and ensured that process aspnet_wp.exe is
running.

-Verified that web.config is properly formed with no syntax errors and
has the debug attribute set to true.

-Reinstalled the dotnet framework

-Verified IIS security settings and gave the web application a name in
the Properties dialog box for the application.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with IIS 5.1. If anyone has any other
suggestions on how to resolve the problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin

I have it set to allow for anonymous access and integrated Windows
authentication. Is this what you are referring to?

Scott M.

On the machine that has the ASPNET account, go into Control Panel and then
Administrative Tools then Computer Management.

Once there expand the Local Users And Groups section. Under Users, double
click the ASPNET account and look at the tab called Member Of.

By default, the ASPNET account is not a member of the Debugger Users or VS
Developers groups, so don't be surprised to not see these groups listed.

If they are not listed, then go into the Groups section and then the
Debugger Users group. Add the ASPNET account to that group, then repeat the
process for the VS Developers group.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

Scott,

I added ASPNET to the Debugger Users and VS Developers groups as you
instructed, and rebooted. I tried to run the program again, but still
got the same error. I have verified that the ASPNET account was added
to both groups correctly, and don't know what else to check at this
point. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin