debugging problems on the net

myheartinamerica

Hello,

I didn't find anything via Google, but maybe I'm using the wrong
search terms... I was hoping to find some sample problems (and
hopefully solutions) on the net for debugging C++ programs. Basically,
I'd like to sit down with a piece of broken code that I've never seen
before and figure out what's wrong with it.

I'd imagine that these kinds of problems would come from a college
course web site teaching C/C++ programming and debugging or from
sample C++ hands-on interview questions.

Thanks for any help,
Mick

Stuart Golodetz

Hello,

I didn't find anything via Google, but maybe I'm using the wrong
search terms... I was hoping to find some sample problems (and
hopefully solutions) on the net for debugging C++ programs. Basically,
I'd like to sit down with a piece of broken code that I've never seen
before and figure out what's wrong with it.

I'd imagine that these kinds of problems would come from a college
course web site teaching C/C++ programming and debugging or from
sample C++ hands-on interview questions.

Thanks for any help,
Mick

Not sure about on the net offhand, but if you join ACCU (www.accu.org)
then their CVu journals have a Code Critique competition each month,
which generally involves debugging a code snippet. The answers people
send in are published in the following journal -- which makes the
journal archive an invaluable source of such problems (with multiple,
often detailed, answers).

Hope that helps (and sorry they're not free -- you might be able to find
some elsewhere that are),
Stu