Debugging python 2.2 code with Pydev

coujou

It's all in the title. Is there a way (using Pydev) to debug code
written for and executed by python 2.2 ?

I have only the 2.2 interpreter installed. The run command works fine
but the debugger tells me : "Unexpected error setting up the debugger".
(More info below).

I'm working under windowsXP with Eclipse 3.1 and PyDev 0.9.8.7. I can
install another interpreter if needed but the program I'm working on
must still be executed by 2.2

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Coujou

--------------------------

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program
Files\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev.debug_0.9.8.7\pysrc\pydevd.py",
line 68, in ?
import pydevd_vars
File "C:\Program
Files\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev.debug_0.9.8.7\pysrc\pydevd_vars.py",
line 38, in ?
from org.python import core
ImportError: No module named org.python

Fuzzyman

*Looks* like the plugin code isn't compatible with Python 2.2. (Some
change in the way imports are resolved ?).

PyDev will almost certainly use the same interpreter to run the code as
the one it is using itself...

There is possibly a PyDev mailing list to check on though.

You could try installing Python 2.3 to see if the problem goes away.

Movable Python is a good way to develop for multiple versions of Python
on a windows box. Unless you can configure PyDevf to use a different
execuatable to run scripts with, you won't be abel to do this from
within PyDev though. You can switch to SPE of course, which has many
other advantages (otehr than being bundled with Movable Python) ;-)

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/
http://pythonide.stani.be

All the best,

Fuzzyman

Fabio Zadrozny

Actually, the issue is already solved...

Will be available in the next release (if you have this problem and want
it now, just contact me... it is just because of a Boolean Type -- just
checking a NameError does the trick to use it in python 2.2).

As for the interpreter... nope, pydev does not use the same interpreter
it uses itself -- it is MUCH more customizable than that... just
imagine... your IDE crashing because of an error you did in your code...
seem pretty crazy to me ;-)

Cheers,

Fabio