Debugging Python with Emacs

Wezzy

Hi all, i've just seen the pydebug plugin for jEdit and my question is :
is there something similar for emacs ?
i'm looking for a debugger frontend, a very simple program, just set
breakpoint, execute one line and show variables' values

ty

Peter Milliken

Not sure what you mean here as I haven't seen the pydebug plugin referenced
(or jEdit for that matter - once you discover Emacs you require no other
editor :)).

But you do realise you can run Python from within Emacs (C-c ! from within
any buffer visiting a .py file) and thence import pdb (and your module to
debug) and debug directly there? This allows you all the benefits of running
Python from a command line and getting all the edit features of Emacs
available at the same time. In fact this is the way I debug pretty much all
of my code.

Regards,
Peter