Debugging Python ?

Bill Loren

Hi'ya ppl,

I'd be happy to hear your techniques to debug python programs.
Is there any interactive debugging environment by any chance ?

thanks in advance,

Miki Tebeka

Hello Bill,
I'd be happy to hear your techniques to debug python programs.
Is there any interactive debugging environment by any chance ?
IDLE comes with a debugger.

Personally I use pdb. I have the following line in my .bashrc:
alias pdb='python /lib/python2.3/pdb.py'

And then just
pdb myprog.py -n -q 10034

I like pdb since it allows me to evaluate expression during debugging.

HTH.
Miki

Syver Enstad

Bill Loren said:
Hi'ya ppl,

I'd be happy to hear your techniques to debug python programs.
Is there any interactive debugging environment by any chance ?

Using Emacs together with pdb makes a pretty good interactive
debugging enviroment for me. If you are running on windows there are
some hoops to jump through to make this work, mail me if you need
instructions.