    I'd be happy to hear your techniques to debug python programs.
    Is there any interactive debugging environment by any chance ?

    thanks in advance,

    Bill Loren, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Bill Loren

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Bill,

    > I'd be happy to hear your techniques to debug python programs.
    > Is there any interactive debugging environment by any chance ?

    IDLE comes with a debugger.

    Personally I use pdb. I have the following line in my .bashrc:
    alias pdb='python /lib/python2.3/pdb.py'

    And then just
    pdb myprog.py -n -q 10034

    I like pdb since it allows me to evaluate expression during debugging.

    HTH.
    Miki

    Miki Tebeka, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Bill Loren

    Syver Enstad Guest

    "Bill Loren" <> writes:

    > Hi'ya ppl,
    >
    > I'd be happy to hear your techniques to debug python programs.
    > Is there any interactive debugging environment by any chance ?

    Using Emacs together with pdb makes a pretty good interactive
    debugging enviroment for me. If you are running on windows there are
    some hoops to jump through to make this work, mail me if you need
    instructions.

    Syver Enstad, Aug 2, 2003