debugging runtime error

pauldepstein

I am trying to debug a program with the Bloodshed dev c++ compiler.

The program tries to use a recursive function to price financial
options.

It compiles but I get a memory violation when I run it.

When I run it through the debugger, using watch variables,

ofstream tritree_basic("tritree_basic_data.txt",
ios::eek:ut|ios::app|ios::ate); gives the response

out = Not found in current context.

I know that out refers to ios::eek:ut. But what does this mean? Does
this point the way towards finding the error?

Paul Epstein

TB

(e-mail address removed) sade:
I am trying to debug a program with the Bloodshed dev c++ compiler.

The program tries to use a recursive function to price financial
options.

It compiles but I get a memory violation when I run it.

When I run it through the debugger, using watch variables,

ofstream tritree_basic("tritree_basic_data.txt",
ios::eek:ut|ios::app|ios::ate); gives the response

out = Not found in current context.

I know that out refers to ios::eek:ut. But what does this mean? Does
this point the way towards finding the error?

That's just the debugger haunting you.
A memory violation usually stems from illegal pointer use.

TB