debugging segfaults in pythen PyQt (QWebview)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida, Mar 3, 2011.

  1. Gelonida

    Gelonida Guest

    Hi,

    I have a QWebview application, which segfaults rather often,
    but not all the time.

    I assume it is some kind of race condition when loading a certain web
    page with quite some built in AJax.

    How can I debug it?

    The application crashes under Windows and under Linux.

    I enabled already core dumps and am able to

    start

    gdb python.exe core

    I guess the command "bt"
    will be able to give m a backtrace of the C program

    Is there any way to obtain the related backtrace of the python script?

    I'm at a complete loss of what I am doing wrong in my script and would
    hope to get at least some indication.

    Gelonida, Mar 3, 2011